Monday, March 31, 2008

Graduation

So, assuming I pass all of my classes this semester, I should be graduating in May. I have been getting emails from the school about buying my cap and gown and whatnot. The thing is, I could care less about attending my law school graduation. While I enjoyed my time at law school and I like a lot of the people here, I'm not going to shed a lot of tears about leaving, and I don't feel like I need a pompous ceremony for closure. I skipped graduation at BYU as well. So what do we think - should I go to my graduation? Would anyone want to come?

4 comments:

Margaret Proffitt said...

I voted twice because my opinion matters the most. Think of what a great blog it would make!!! Come on... LETS GO!

the coltons said...

i hear ya - i skipped my graduation last year as well ... although it was not at the prestigious "Y" but at the red-headed stepchild of an institution (UVSC ... now trying to step it up with UVU). however, law school just might be on a different level. and margaret's right - think about the blogging opportunity! :)

Dan Evans said...

Use the cash that you would have spent (wasted - could anything be more boring than a graduation ceremony?) on the cap and gown and go out for the evening. We'll babysit.

Spence said...

I didn't go to my undergraduate graduation either. And if I'd had a choice, I wouldn't have gone to my high school graduation. I didn't even get a cap and gown for high school. So because my parents made me go, my cap and gown was different from everyone else's.

High school graduation is for your parents. College graduation may be too--depeding. But grad school . . . well, it's for you. If you want it--do it. If not--don't.

That being said, you are no longer an individual. If your family (Marg, Book, +) want it, take that into account. But don't do it just 'cause it would make a good blog ;-)