Monday, January 28, 2008

In Memory of President Hinckley

President Hinckley passed away early Sunday night. In my lifetime so far, President Benson was the Prophet of my childhood and I feel that President Hinckley was the Prophet of my adult life so far. He was the president of the church when I received my testimony of the truthfulness of the gospel, when I served my mission, when I was married in the temple. I will remember his policies of stressing the Book of Mormon and of building temples and globalizing the church, but more than that, I will always remember President Hinckley for his unique sense of humor, his competence, and the feeling of caring resolve that he brought to the work of the church. I have also really admired the relationship President Hinckley had with his family. I loved seeing sister Hinckley speak when I was at BYU and at other times at various firesides. I was really sad for President Hinckley when she passed away a couple of years ago. It makes me happy to think of them now reunited.

No comments: